Bank of Baroda Recruitment Notification of – 2000 – Clerical Staff – Project 2010
Payment of Fees at BOB Branches: 17.03.2010 to 17.04.2010
Date of Written Test : 06.06.2010
Post: Clerical Cadre
Details of Vacancies:
The State wise vacancy positions together with reservation are tentatively as under, which is subject to change depending on administrative exigency:
|State Code||Vacancies in the State||OUT OF WHICH|
|21||Jammu & Kashmir||0||1||0||2||3||0||0||0||0|
Abbreviations stand for : - SC – Scheduled Caste, ST – Scheduled Tribe, OBC – Other Backward Classes, PWD – Persons With Disability, OH- Orthopaedically Handicapped , HI – Hearing Impaired, VH- Visually Handicapped, XSM – Ex-service men.
• A Pass with 55% marks (50% for SC/ST/PWD/Ex-Servicemen) in HSC of 10 + 2 (10+2+3) pattern / 11th Standard of (11+1+3) pattern or Intermediate / Pre-University or any equivalent examination / Diploma in Banking recognized by Central / State Government or U.T. Admn.
Degree in any discipline from a recognized University OR any equivalent qualification recognized by Central Government.
—- For Ex-Servicemen (who do not possess the above) a pass in Service (Departmental) Examination which is recognized as equivalent to Civil Examination not below the rank of Higher Secondary School Examination
—-All Educational Qualifications should be from recognized University / Central / State / U.T. Administration.
• Should be able to write and speak English fluently.
• Knowledge of local / State language for which he desires to apply, will be an added qualification.
• Computer Literacy – Should be Computer literate with proficiency in MS-Office, Basic applications, internet usage etc.
Age (As on 01.01.2010): min 18 years – Max 28 years
Basic Pay: Basic Pay in Time Scale of Rs. 4410 – 13210 plus DA, HRA, CCA etc. as per Bipartite Settlement amended from time to time (Pay Scales are due for upward revision).
Probation Period: Minimum period of 6 months.
Nationality / Citizenship:
A candidate must be either i) a Citizen of India or ii) a subject of Nepal or iii) subject of Bhutan or iv) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) & (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India. A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary may be admitted to the examination/ interview conducted by the Bank but on final selection the offer of appointment may be given only after the Government of India has issued the necessary eligibility certificate to him/her.
Relaxable in case of SC/ST/OBC/PWD/Ex Service Men as per Government’s Guidelines as detailed below:
i. SC/ST candidates by 5 years.
ii. Other Backward Class by 3 years.
iii. VH/HI/OH by 10 years.
iv. Ex-Serviceman: 3 years in addition to the usual period of service in the Defence forces subject to a maximum age of 50 years.
v. Widows, divorced women and women judicially separated from their husbands who have not re-married by 9 years i.e. maximum age of -37- years.
vi. All persons who have ordinarily been domiciled in Kashmir Division of J & K State during 01.01.1980 and 31.12.1989 by 5 years.
vii. The Children/Family Members of those who died in the 1984 riots by 5 years. Persons eligible under age relaxation under this criterion must produce a certificate from the District Magistrate to the effect that they are eligible for relief in terms of the Rehabilitation Package for 1984 Riot Affected Persons sanctioned by the Government and communicated vide Ministry of Finance, Dept. of Financial Services communication No. F.No. 9/21/2006-IR dated 27.07.2007).
viii. Relaxation in upper age limit is cumulative as per Government guidelines, subject to maximum of -50- years.
Selection Procedure: Selection will be on the basis of performance in Written Test and Interview. Details of Written Test and Interview are as under:
i. Alleligible candidates will be called for a Written Test which will be of Objective type. The Objective Test consists of (i) Reasoning ability (ii) Numerical ability (iii) Clerical Aptitude (iv) English (v) Socio-Economic, Banking Awareness and Computer Awareness. There will be negative marks for the wrong answers in the Objective Test. Candidates will have to pass in each of the Objective Test.
ii. Candidates shall have the option to answer the Tests Paper either in English or Hindi.
TEST CENTRE : AHMEDABAD, SURAT, BANGALORE, BHOPAL, BHUBANESHWAR, CHANDIGARH, CHENNAI, COIMBATORE, DELHI, ERNAKULAM, GUWAHATI, HYDERABAD, AJMER, JAIPUR, UDAIPUR, KOLKATA, LUCKNOW, BARIELLY, VARANASI, ALLAHABAD, MUMBAI, PUNE, RAIPUR, PATNA, JAMSHEDPUR.
Those short listed candidates in the order of ranking in the written test as per the cut-off marks determined by the Bank shall be called for interview & the decision of the Bank in this regard shall be final
HOW TO APPLY:
• Candidates are required to apply On-Line through website www.bankofbaroda.com No other means/ mode of application will be accepted.
• Candidates are required to have a valid personal e-mail ID. It should be kept active during the currency of this recruitment project. Bank may send call letters for written test, interview etc. through the registered e-mail ID. Under no circumstances, he/she should share/mention e-mail ID to/ of any other person.
• In case a candidate does not have a valid personal e-mail ID, he/she should create his/her new e-mail ID before applying on-line.
• Applicants are first required to go to the Bank’s website ‘www.bankofbaroda.com’ and click on the Home Page open the link “Recruitment”.
• Thereafter, open the Recruitment Notification entitled “RECRUITMENT OF -2000- CLERICAL STAFF – PROJECT 2010”.
• Take a Print of the entire Recruitment Notification, including the ‘FEES PAYMENT CHALLAN’.
• Fill in the Fee Payment Challan in a clear and legible handwriting in BLOCK LETTERS.
• Go to the nearest Bank of Baroda Branch with the Fee payment Challan and pay, in Cash, the appropriate Application Fee in Account No.29040200000170 with Bandra Kurla Complex Branch in favour of “RECRUITMENT OF -2000- CLERICAL STAFF – PROJECT 2010”.
The amount of fee to be paid is indicated below:
SC/ST/Persons With Disability (PC) – Rs.50/-
GEN/OBC/Ex-Servicemen – Rs.200/-
For Cash vocher ——> Bank of Baroda
• Obtain the Applicant’s Counterfoil Copy of the Application Fee Payment Challan duly receipted by the Bank with (a) Branch Name & Code Number, (b) Journal/Scroll number / Transaction ID (c) Date of Deposit & amount filled by the Branch Official.
• Candidates are now ready to Apply On-Line by re-visiting the Recruitment Page of the Bank’s website and going to the sublink titled “ON-LINE APPLICATION FOR RECRUITMENT OF -2000- CLERICAL STAFF- PROJECT 2010”. Click on this sublink will open up the appropriate On-Line Application Format.
• Carefully fill in the necessary details from the Fee Payment Challan in the On-Line Application Form at the appropriate places.
• Original counterfoil of the fee payment challan will have to be submitted with the Call Letter at the time of written test. Without counterfoil of the fee payment challan the candidate will not be allowed to appear in the written test. Candidates are therefore advised to keep-3- photocopies of the fee payment challan for future use.
xiii) The name of the candidate or his/her father/husband etc. should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the certificates/mark sheets. Any change / alteration found may disqualify the candidature.